
(photo: some knuckleheads nosh on some unremarkable sandwiches outside of Summit's "Towne Deli and Liquor" near the end of May, 2009. Top, from L to R: Neel, Artem. Bottom: Matt.) Everytime I make an awesome sandwich, I don't wanna eat it. I just wanna take a pic of it on my cell phone and then text it to all my friends. I describe the sandwich/scenario in a few brief words: something like "im about to slay this fearsome creature." then i put down my camera, tie on my bib and eat the fuck out of the sandwich. midway through my sandwich, when I have juices seeping out of my meat-tearing mouth, I’ll hear the tktktktktktk of my cell phone rumbling on the shitty little coffee table in my living room. then i'll remove my greasy grubmongering fingers from the sopping-wet back of the sandwich and, in the most multi-tasking American way possible, poke that knobby little sandwich-soaked finger to the "OKAY" key on my cell phone to open the recently received text. that text will be a photo of another sandwich that one of my sandwiched-eating knucklehead friends made. it will have some equally awesome caption like “this unwieldy beast completely annihilated me.”
upon gazing at that sandwich’s heaping succulent turkey mounds, Russian-dressing-drenched tomato slices, and chunk-cut deli-bought swiss, my mind will embark of a sandwich-salivating journey through the outer space of sandwich-making. possibilites incendiary enough to make my head explode: a slice of pizza crammed with tomatoes, mozz, marinara, and breaded chicken with another slice of pizza on top. or a tortilla crammed with crispy-cold romaine lettuce, ice-hot red onions, moist honey-smoked ham folds, swelling nobs of gouda cheese, and wine-like black-rounded black olives. or a bagel with some fluffy and light egg, salsa that tastes like the Mexican border, fresh-cut Monterey cheddar cheese, spicy and spurring chorizo and then a whole stack of cool and lush avocado slices. then I take that conception and make it a reality. then I text that creation to a friend and get a new one in return. the process is never-ending. and I never want it to end. but there is evolution. and now the evolution has brought these sandwiches to the world-wide web. hence: knucklehead sandwiches.
eat with us. love with us. we are here to host our sandwiches, or your sandwich, or any sandwiches found out there. please enjoy.
eat with us. love with us. we are here to host our sandwiches, or your sandwich, or any sandwiches found out there. please enjoy.
CAPTAIN CHEDDARSTORM
KNUCKLEHEAD SANDWICHES
KNUCKLEHEAD SANDWICHES
what I want to know is how far can you really take the art of sandwich making? like can you make a chinese food sandwich? or a pizza sandwich? what really defines a "sandwich" is its essence??
ReplyDeleteKD
what i ALWAYS SAY IS...chinese food pizza. ordered separately. combined in the ovens of your own home. just top that marinara and mozzerella doughcrust from COPPOLLA with a swamp of succullent sesame chicken. can you handle it?
ReplyDelete